Friday, April 23, 2010

Forget About Betty Draper... My mad men dress

I love Mad Men and I especially love the costumes!! When I saw this dress, by Michael Kors in the new season
vogue patterns, I knew I had to make it.



I had to make a few alterations to the pattern, I made the size 8 but it was still miles too big through back and waist so i had to take everything in, I also shortened length of bodice about 1 cm.
As with most vogue patterns the illustrations and instructions can be a little on the vague side (or perhaps i'm just a little slow on the uptake??) but after a few hiccups with the folds on the bodice it was smooth sailing!!

I used a really soft Liberty print cotton which was lovely to work with soft but still had structure, perfect for this kind of dress.







Enjoy your weekend, I'm off to have a dirty martini!!

xxx Ruby Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment