Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Colette Patterns Chantilly Dress


It has been a long time between posts.
After our interstate move I haven't had acess to my computer as my partner uses it for his work so have been unable to post anything. I also had no sewing space to have been unable to make anything to post.
I have now remedied these situations and can hopefully get back to regular posting.

Today I'm going to share my Chantilly dress I just finished this today and can't wait to wear it.
I am now roughly 8 months pregnant so I have to wait a little while longer though.







I Loved this pattern, It was really easy to follow with really well written instructions highly recommend.
I made the size 2 which is a size up from what I would usually make but I wanted something pretty to wear right after having my baby.



Full length front view



My fabric is a cotton lawn from Tessuti's. I already had made a dress up in this fabric but decided I didn't  like the style to re cut it into the Chantilly.
  I also used my new invisible zipper foot for the first time on this project and have never inserted a zipper so quickly and easily. I don't know why I took so long to purchase one.

Close up front view




I lined the bodice in the shell fabric a decided to leave the skirt unlined. The fabric isn't sheer and the warmer climate calls for light and airy garments. I simply serged the seam allowances for a tidy finish. I haven't hemmed this dress yet either as I want to check length first.



 close up back view




I will make this pattern again. I really like the yoke detail and the scoop back. It has a nice early 60's feel to it.

xxx Ruby Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment