Friday, August 19, 2011

Rooibos Dress - My progress so far


I have gotten off to a great start with my Rooibos and am really pleased with the way it's coming together.
There have been some really helpful tips and tricks on the Colette Patterns blog for those who are sewing along and I am enjoying the slower pace, keeping in time with the sew-a-long.
The pattern itself is well drafted and instructions on all Colette Patterns I have made thus far have been really concise and they even put a glossary in the back of the book so for beginner sewers if you dont know the meaning of some of the sewing jargon there is an explanation there for you.






Front of bodice



 front bodice facing



back bodice facing



I really loved the method this pattern used for attaching bodice facings, you can check the tutorial out here. I have never seen this method before and it really gives a professional finish.


Hope you all have a great weekend!
xxx Ruby Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment