Saturday, February 20, 2010

The 50's Blouse - Part Two

Here is the finished result
 
This is a really simple wearable design, Ive just picked up the silver in the fabric by adding my silver belt and necklace ( my valentines day gift, isn't it just beautiful?), i think a black patent belt or even a ribbon belt would look great too.
 

I do think next time i make this one up i will make the top a little more fitted, in this fabric the looser fit suits but i think if i did it in a softer fabric it would definitely need more fitting.
Another thing taking my fancy is the line Sonia Rykiel is doing for H & M, sadly we don't have H & M here in oz ( cant think why not, they could be making a fortune!!) i am hoping i will be able to pick one up for a not too extortionate mark up on trusty ol' ebay.
You can see a gallery here i have my eye on the very cute pink and yellow striped cardi with the little bows, and the multi colour stripe sweater. I have been a huge fan of Sonia Rykiel for ages but it's a little out of my price range so i was very excited to hear of her H & M collaboration. Just the thing to keep me toasty during our chilly winters here in melbourne! ( not that i need it right now, we are in the middle of a heatwave, lol)

xx RubySlippers

No comments:

Post a Comment